Rescue, Repair, Rebuild
Rescue Rebuild is a community-driven volunteer program of GreaterGood.org that works to rebuild, repair, and renovate animal shelters and rescues in need.
Volunteer with Rescue Rebuild!
With Rescue Rebuild working on as many as 50 projects a year, there's a good chance we'll be near you soon! Sign up for our volunteer list so you can be notified of our upcoming projects!
Keep up to date with Rescue Rebuild!
About Rescue Rebuild
Rescue Rebuild is an animal shelter renovation program that recruits volunteers from all over the country to help shelters in need. We travel to selected shelters to complete repairs and renovations to improve the life of shelter animals and increase adoption rates!
What We Do:
Rescue Rebuild takes on a variety of construction projects depending on the needs of our shelters. Just some of the things we do include:
- Building outdoor exercise areas for dogs to get out their pent-up energy
- Building our signature “CattyShack” buildings with outside “Catio” spaces to allow for communal living and great enrichment for cats
- Installing and repairing fencing for perimeter containment as well as new kennels
- Building storage solutions for shelter staff
- Building raised beds to get shelter animals off the cold ground
- Painting & other beautification projects
- Low-maintenance landscaping
- Building enrichment items for dogs & cats
Have Truck, Will Travel
48 states, 4 countries, and over 100 projects…Rescue Rebuild isn’t afraid to hit the road with our tools in tow! We’ve traveled far and wide to help great shelters and their animals. Check out our shelter map (right) to see just some of the places we’ve been!
Is your shelter in need of a visit from Rescue Rebuild? Apply for a renovation grant below!
Corporate Team Building
In addition to our regularly scheduled programming, Rescue Rebuild works together with corporate partners looking to reach their community and provide volunteer opportunities for their employees. We’ve got a great selection of projects to choose from depending on budget, location, and employee involvement. Contact us today to see how we can work together to serve animals in our community!