While Rescue Rebuild does not require its volunteers to have ANY building experience, we would love to know what experience you may have.
Please list any special skills that you may have in regards to building.
(for example...you are an electrician, plumber, you have done home improvement projects, you could paint murals, you have heavy equipment experience, you have landscaping or gardening experience, etc...)
(we often provide shirts for our volunteers)
1) I agree to always wear appropriate clothing for work (closed-toe shoes required; long pants & boots recommended). I understand that gloves will be provided and are to be worn while working.
2) I agree to always wear eye protection (to be provided by Rescue Rebuild) when using power tools, or near the use of power-tools. I understand that ear plugs (to be provided by Rescue Rebuild) are recommended whenever eye protection is appropriate.
3) I agree that I will not operate any unfamiliar tools without first being shown how to use them by a Rescue Rebuild manager.
4) I agree that I will not use a ladder without instruction from a Rescue Rebuild manager.
5) I understand that I must ask shelter staff permission before touching any animals, and that I will wash my hands or use hand sanitizer in between touching multiple animals (this helps prevent the spread of illness).
6) I agree to report any unsafe working situations to a Rescue Rebuild manager immediately.
7) I agree to notify a Rescue Rebuild manager if any injury (no matter how small) occurs, so that proper first aid may be administered.
8) I understand that the use of drugs and/or alcohol on or around a Rescue Rebuild job site is prohibited. I understand that it is illegal for a person under the age of 21 to purchase, possess, transport or consume alcohol or for a person over 21 to purchase alcohol for, or supply alcohol to, a person under the age of 21. Rescue Rebuild therefore prohibits the consumption of alcohol at any time by volunteers under the age of 21.
9) I understand that any tools, building materials, camera equipment, or other property owned by Rescue Rebuild is not to leave any Rescue Rebuild job site without permission from a Rescue Rebuild manager.
10) I agree to behave respectfully toward other volunteers & staff members.
11) I agree to follow all instructions given by Rescue Rebuild managers while working on the Rescue Rebuild job site.